FUNCTIONS / KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
The functions/duties/key results of this job description are generic and not all duties are carried out by all Local Security Assistants.
Summary of key functions:
- Assists SA in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country;
- Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists;
- Supports the SA with the assessment of Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) for the duty station;
- Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets;
- Organizes and delivers training courses on security awareness and preparedness;
- Assists in ensuring residential (Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards- MORSS) and office safety, and security preparedness;
- Provides general administrative assistance to the SA
Secondary education. University Degree desirable, but it is not a requirement.
6 years experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work. Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.